The hospitality business is well known for being a stressful industry, and keeping that happy smiling face even in adversity can be as simple as eating the right things.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Fish like salmon are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Research shows that they may also help boost mood and promote social behaviour.
2. Canned tuna and sardines can provide a similar omega-3 boost.
3. Chia seeds and flaxseed are other ways for people to get omega-3s, but they have additional benefits too. Both are super healthy and often find a place on lists of superfoods that you should be eating.
4. Eggs are high in protein and vitamin B. The protein means they won’t cause sugar levels to spike like certain carbs, making them a great breakfast. Nutritional experts say that we should all be eating more eggs.
5. Kale or other dark, leafy greens like Swiss chard are packed with helpful nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin K, and potassium.
6. Pumpkin seeds make a great snack, and provide both magnesium and zinc. Zinc is used to boost the immune system and magnesium is used to treat ADHD and nervousness. Athletes also use it to increase energy and endurance.
7. Dark chocolate is that rare treat that researchers keep telling us to eat more of, and for good reason. In addition to high levels of antioxidants there’s also research that shows eating it is associated with improved mood and cognitive function. There’s even a correlation between per-capita chocolate consumption and Nobel prize laureates in a country. You guessed right ..it’s the Swiss!
8. Not strictly a food, but red wine contains alcohol which is a sedative that relaxes you and can help you sleep if drunk in moderation. Additional health benefits include improved cardiovascular health and immune system function, even cancer prevention – if we needed any encouragement!
Adapted from an original article at Business Insider here